Due to COVID-19 and the associated physical distancing requirements, the Directions Hearing for Yarra Planning Scheme Amendment C269 was held by MS Teams video conference on Friday 27 August 2021.
The Main Hearing commenced via video conference on MS Teams at 10am on Tuesday 5 October 2021 and ran until Wednesday 3 November 2021.
Council's submissions and evidence were heard from Tuesday 5 October 2021 to Friday 15 October 2021. Council's closing submissions were heard on the final day of the hearing, Wednesday 3 November 2021.
Parties to the Hearing were contacted by Planning Panels Victoria regarding the arrangements. The Panel heard this matter in an open forum, consistent with its obligation to conduct hearings in public.
As with in-person hearings, the Hearing was not recorded in any part or in any way without permission from the Panel. This includes audio and video recording.
Planning Panel report
Yarra Council released the Planning Panel report to the public on 17 January 2022. Click here to download and read the full report [PDF 2.26MB]
Planning Panel documents
View Council's Part A submission and expert evidence:
- Yarra City Council Part A submission [PDF 581kb]
- Yarra City Council Panel Version - 8 September 2021 [PDF 2.87MB]
- Evidence statement of Jim Antonopoulos, SLR Consulting (Noise) [PDF 4MB]
- Evidence statement of Jim Gard'ner, GJM Heritage (Heritage) [PDF 1.74MB]
- Evidence statement of Julian Szafraniec, SGS [PDF 908KB]
- Evidence statement of Leanne Hodyl, Hodyl&Co (Landmarks) [PDF 18MB]
- Evidence statement of Sarah Ancell, Echelon Planning (Planning) [PDF 3.7MB]
View submitter's expert evidence:
- Evidence statement of James Holdsworth, Planning Collaborative (Urban Design) [PDF 344KB]
- Evidence statement of Nigel Lewis, Nigel Lewis Pty Ltd. (Heritage) [PDF 148KB]
- Evidence statement of Elizabeth Vines, McDougall & Vines (Heritage and other) [PDF 1.76MB]
- Evidence statement of Stuart McGurn, Urbis (Strategic Planning) [PDF 2.6MB]