Due to COVID-19 and the associated physical distancing requirements, the Directions Hearing for Yarra Planning Scheme Amendment C269 was held by MS Teams video conference on Friday 27 August 2021.
The Main Hearing is scheduled to commence by video conference on MS Teams at 10am on Tuesday 5 October 2021 and will run for 17 days until Friday 29 October 2021.
Council's submissions and evidence are to be heard from Tuesday 5 October 2021 to Friday 15 October 2021. Council's closing submissions are scheduled to be heard on the final day of the hearing, Friday 29 October 2021. View the panel's directions.
View Council's Part A submission and expert evidence:
- Yarra City Council Part A submission [PDF 581kb]
- Yarra City Council Panel Version - 8 September 2021 [PDF 2.87MB]
- Evidence statement of Jim Antonopoulos, SLR Consulting (Noise) [PDF 4MB]
- Evidence statement of Jim Gard'ner, GJM Heritage (Heritage) [PDF 1.74MB]
- Evidence statement of Julian Szafraniec, SGS [PDF 908KB]
- Evidence statement of Leanne Hodyl, Hodyl&Co (Landmarks) [PDF 18MB]
- Evidence statement of Sarah Ancell, Echelon Planning (Planning) [PDF 3.7MB]
View submitter's expert evidence:
- Evidence statement of James Holdsworth, Planning Collaborative (Urban Design) [PDF 344KB]
- Evidence statement of Nigel Lewis, Nigel Lewis Pty Ltd. (Heritage) [PDF 148KB]
- Evidence statement of Elizabeth Vines, McDougall & Vines (Heritage and other) [PDF 1.76MB]
- Evidence statement of Stuart McGurn, Urbis (Strategic Planning) [PDF 2.6MB]
Parties to the Hearing have been contacted by Planning Panels Victoria regarding these arrangements. The Panel will hear this matter in an open forum, consistent with its obligation to conduct hearings in public.
To observe proceedings, you can access the live stream at:
As with in-person hearings, please be advised that the Hearing must not be recorded in any part or in any way without permission from the Panel. This includes audio and video recording.
If you have any questions, please contact Planning Panels Victoria at email@example.com and quote Amendment Yarra C269.
What stage is the Amendment at?
There are six stages in the planning scheme amendment process.
We are currently in the fourth phase of the amendment process. Yarra Council has considered community submissions which were made during the exhibition stage of the Amendment.
At its meeting on Tuesday 3 August 2021, Yarra Council resolved to refer all submissions to an independent planning panel for further consideration.
What is a planning scheme?
A planning scheme is a statutory document which sets out how land can be used and developed. It also sets out how land is to be protected and conserved. It includes policies, zones, overlays and other provisions to achieve its objectives.
Planning Schemes in Victoria all have the same structure and include:
- maps which show the zones and overlays that affect the land
- an ordinance which sets out the written requirements of the scheme
- incorporated documents.
Each municipality has its own planning scheme and the local policies distinguish one planning scheme from another.
How are the policies in our planning scheme structured?
The proposed policies in Amendment C269 are organised into a new structure introduced by the State Government.
See this new structure, with the policies relevant to Yarra highlighted in blue.
How will this amendment affect my property?
Amendment C269 will not change the way land is currently used. The proposed local policies in the Yarra Planning Scheme provide direction for future planning decisions in Yarra. These future decisions may affect your property if you wish to develop your land or change the way it is used.